A laptop’s battery gives us the comfort of storing power which we can use later. However, sometimes this comfort turns into pain. For example, if we take our laptop with us, thinking that it’s charged (but it actually isn’t), or if we leave our laptop powered on and it silently turns off resulting in the loss of valuable work.
It is with this in mind that a programmer developed a simple battery monitor in Python with the following capabilities:
- The program should be customizable and lightweight.
- It should work in the background without any disturbance.
- It can allow the user to set a minimum charge threshold.
- Upon reaching that threshold, the program should not only display a desktop notification but also play a sound to force the user to plug in the charger.
- When the charger is connected, it should stop the notifications immediately but remain running to watch for future problems.
The program has been tested on Arch, Ubuntu and Mint, so, if this sounds like something you’d be interested in, why not give it a try!